10 Reasons to See an Insurance Agent Instead of Shopping Online for Cheap Car Insurance Premiums
1. Obtaining an online quote for auto insurance is not necessarily a true quote – oftentimes it is a blind quote. When you get an online quote for car insurance the price you are quoted does not include your real driving activity. Once the carrier you choose to purchase insurance from runs your Motor Vehicle Report and discovers that you have tickets, fines, accidents and what have you on your license that premium is going to soar. Take note, these companies only pay to receive your motor vehicle report once they’ve convinced you to purchase the policy. They aren’t going to spend money on a customer that isn’t going to write the check.
2. Some online auto insurance quoting programs are fakes and are set up just to collect your personal information. In the state of California insurance agents are prohibited from collecting your social security number for the purposes of quoting a policy. NEVER enter your social security number into a form for getting an auto insurance quote. If your identity is stolen as a result of an online auto quote, give us a call and let us get you covered with a company that will also cover your identity.
3. At the end of the quoting system you will receive a message letting you know that a licensed agent will contact you. Yeah, and what they really mean is that every telemarketer in the country will be sold your information and you will receive so many phone calls you may be tempted to change your phone number.
4. Cheap insurance is not always good insurance. ‘Nuff said, get in here and see us so we can get you coverage that actually covers your butt!
5. Contrary to belief, shopping for an auto quote is not necessarily going to save you time. Entering the data into the form is quick and fairly painless but if you aren’t armed with your current policy, motor vehicle report and an understanding of the coverage you need you could spend hours getting quotes only to find that you still need to come see us. Let us do that for you. Here at Executive Edge Insurance Services we have the ability to write premiums with a variety of the best carriers.
6. The fine print. Read it. Some online quotes include brokerage fees. Did you see the fine print?
7. Some online carriers only provide coverage in certain states. Without doing the research you have no way of knowing if the premium you are getting is actually bindable in your state.
8. Online quoting websites are set up by people with knowledge of coding and they typically code a quote form for the carriers they get paid the highest commission on, not necessarily the carriers with the best coverage. In other words, you get what you pay for and if it seems too good to be true it usually is.
9. Online quoting systems leave very little room to give you the proper discounts and endorsements you need because it has no recognition or ability to know your lifestyle.
10. There’s no face. Sometimes you need a face. Let us be that face. Let us get to know you so that we know exactly what kind of coverage you need.
Executive Edge Insurance Services
320 E Yosemite Ave Ste 101
Merced, Ca 95340